Why use our tools for your catalogue raisonné?
Because we worked with archivists, writers, historians,
curators, galleries, museums, foundations, estates and artists
to bring you the most comprehensive
content management system
and publishing tool available.
Just provide the content and do the rest yourself.
“We have been working with panOpticon for a few years in the compilation of the Sam Francis catalogue raisonné of unique works on paper, and can’t imagine a more perfect system for this process.
“The ease with which we can input data, upload images, create lists and notes as part of our daily research has allowed us to expand our archival database in so many ways. We are looking forward to launching the information online, another incredible aspect of the system that we are so excited about.
“Not only is the system intuitive and easy to access and learn, the staff at panOpticon are always willing to tweak the categories and develop ways for us to input data to fit our specific needs. And, if there are ever any questions they are so proficient and quick in their responses and assistance.
“It is a dream tool—perfect for the intensive amount of information one must organize in compiling catalogues. We highly recommend panOpticon and their team.”
Director / Interim President, Sam Francis Foundation
Sam Francis Catalogue Raisonné
panOpticonCRMS* is behind these catalogues:
Fitz Henry Lane
John Singer Sargent
*panOpticonCRMS is our Catalogue Raisonné Management System
- Our software is web-based, so it can be accessed anywhere there is an Internet connection.
- Since the software resides online and is accessed through an ordinary web browser, no particular system requirements are needed.
- Only one License is necessary.
- The software is password protected with different levels of access for other users that are entirely under your control.
- Depending on what you need, we have three different software packages to choose from.
- If you have data, we can convert and migrate yours to fit our database structure. We convert most data formats. You lose nothing in the process.
- We can work with you to modify our product to meet the demands of a specific artist or to accommodate a particular kind of content.
- We don’t host your catalogue; our customers purchase a web-hosting package with an outside vendor if they don’t already have one. We can walk you through the process. When you’re ready, we upload the software and the database with its new contents to your host server.
- The web host regularly backs up your database. Some hosts charge a little extra, but most include backups in the price. We make sure that backups are running periodically. If you ever need a previous version of the database reinstalled, we can do that for you, or let you know how it can be done within the web-host’s site.
- We can help you register a domain name if you don’t already have one.
- We will train your staff, interns, and anyone else who will be using the software in on-site and/or remote tutorials.
- Call for assistance during regular business hours, or get support via email.
- Apart from whatever support you need from us, there’s no need for IT involvement—it’s an entirely do-it-yourself enterprise!
- And when you are ready, you can use your data to design for print, or we can work with you to create a website that takes full advantage of your content.
Have questions? Want to discuss your plans? Feel free to contact us.
If you’d like to see how our software works — schedule an online demonstration.