We have created the most comprehensive
content management system available
to archive, author and publish a catalogue raisonné
all in one easy-to-use web-based package
“The people at panOpticon have a global understanding of compilation, editing, sorting, and cross-referencing requirements which made it very easy to discuss our particular needs. In addition to dealing with the complexities that are inherent in developing a new program while integrating old database files, they have created a visually organized and intuitive system that we expect to use for many years to come.”
Elizabeth Oustinoff, John Singer Sargent Catalogue Raisonné
- Our software is web-based, so it can be accessed anywhere there is an Internet connection.
- Since the software resides online and is accessed through an ordinary web browser, no particular system requirements are needed.
- Only one License is necessary.
- The software is password protected with different levels of access for other users that are entirely under your control.
- Depending on what you need, we have three different software packages to choose from.
- If you have data, we can convert and migrate yours to fit our database structure. We convert most data formats. You lose nothing in the process.
- We can work with you to modify our product to meet the demands of a specific artist or to accommodate a particular kind of content.
- We don’t host your catalogue; our customers purchase a web-hosting package with an outside vendor if they don’t already have one. We can walk you through the process. When you’re ready, we upload the software and the database with its new contents to your host server.
- The web host regularly backs up your database. Some hosts charge a little extra, but most include backups in the price. We make sure that backups are running periodically. If you ever need a previous version of the database reinstalled, we can do that for you, or let you know how it can be done within the web-host’s site.
- We can help you register a domain name if you don’t already have one.
- We will train your staff, interns, and anyone else who will be using the software in on-site and/or remote tutorials.
- Call for assistance during regular business hours, or get support via email.
- Apart from whatever support you need from us, there’s no need for IT involvement—it’s an entirely do-it-yourself enterprise!
- And when you are ready, you can use your data to design for print, or we can work with you to create a website that takes full advantage of your content.
panOpticon software is behind these catalogues
Fitz Henry Lane
John F. Folinsbee
John Singer Sargent
Have questions? Want to discuss your plans? Feel free to contact us.
If you’d like to see how our software works — schedule an online demonstration.