panOpticon is an online information management system
specially designed to help provenance researchers
process and share the varieties of data it takes
to produce a catalogue raisonné
Our software follows cataloging best practices as recommended by leading members of the Catalogue Raisonné Scholars Association • we refer to the Visual Resources Association guidelines for describing cultural works and images • we use The Chicago Manual of Style as a guide in formatting texts.
And we continuously work with professionals in the art industry to improve and update our product features and protocols.
- Our IMS software resides on our platform in the cloud (AWS).
- We license the system to you annually on a subscription basis.
- The tools can be accessed with any common web browser anywhere there is an Internet connection.
- The product is password protected with different levels of access for other users that are entirely under your control.
- If you have legacy data, we can convert and migrate yours to fit our database structure. We convert most data formats. You lose nothing in the process.
- We train your staff, interns, and anyone else who will be using the software in on-site and/or remote tutorials.
- Call for assistance during regular business hours, or get email support via the tool.
- Apart from whatever support you need from us, there’s no need for IT involvement—it’s an entirely do-it-yourself enterprise!
- And when you are ready, you can use your data to design for print, or we can work with you to create a website that takes full advantage of your content.
panOpticon software powers these catalogues raisonnés –
Walter De Maria
John F. Folinsbee
Fitz Henry Lane
Zoran Music (Zoran Mušič)
John Singer Sargent
Starting a project? Already have data and wondering what to do next? Simply have a question? Email us at email@example.com
The best way to fully grasp what our product can do is to see it in action. Fill out a form to request a demonstration. We can come to you if you are in New York City. If not, we can demonstrate our software online. We’ll show it to you wherever you are.
Please note: we are unable to quote prices until we’ve conferred with you about your particular needs.
In any case, let us know if you want to be on our mailing list. We promise not to share your email address.
Top of page: Susannah Shepherd of panOpticon (center) working with Andrea Theil, Catalogue Raisonné Manager and Researcher (left) and Crystal Sourour, Assistant to the Catalogue Raisonné Manager (right), both of the Roy Lichtenstein Foundation, New York.