you are in complete control
of your catalogue and its contents
“The panOpticon team combines professionalism, knowledge, and understanding of the scholarship required to effectuate a substantial project such as ours, while providing a user-friendly interface.
“I would add that they go out of their way to respond to our myriad questions and concerns.”
Project Director and Co-Author
The Paintings of Paul Cézanne: An online catalogue raisonné under the direction of Walter Feilchenfeldt, Jayne Warman, and David Nash
Our information management software is comprised of two things that operate in tandem online: a user interface, or data entry tool, that you see on your computer screen — where you input and edit data —and a set of relational databases where your data are stored. The two together are also referred to as the back-end.
• The backend resides on our cloud-based platform and is licensed from us annually.
• The intellectual property is ours; all the content is yours and remains yours in perpetuity.
• Our software is web-based, so you can access your data anywhere there is an Internet connection – through any common browser window.
• The software is password protected with different levels of access for other users that are entirely under your control.
• If you already have data, we are able (at extra cost) to convert and migrate yours to fit our database structure. We convert most data formats. You lose nothing in the process.
• We will work with you (sometimes at extra cost) to modify our product to meet the demands of a specific artist or to accommodate a particular kind of content.
• We will train your staff, interns, and anyone else who will be using the software in on-site and/or remote tutorials.
• You can call for assistance during regular business hours, or get support via email. Apart from whatever support you need from us, there’s no need for IT involvement—it’s an entirely do-it-yourself enterprise.
• Our platform is operated on top of our own servers (which we control), which are hosted through Amazon’s AWS Infrastructure.
• We have a server team who manages and monitors these servers with real time information about traffic and down-time.
• We have set up multiple servers providing high availability (“redundancy”) to make sure, if a server ever goes down, that your hosted catalogue stays online.
• We maintain active backups of all databases, images, and other uploaded files so your data is protected. We can restore data that was inadvertently deleted on your end and we can roll-back data at a moment’s notice.
• We are able to deploy all updates and bug-fixes to all clients as soon as they are available, automatically.
• We provide free updates to our catalogue software for as long as you are hosted with us, which means that you receive upgraded features as they become available without paying for another license.
• We have configured our hosted catalogues to run in a secure environment, with secure servers and secure software, and regularly review and upgrade our infrastructure to increase the security and protection around each catalogue and your hosted data and uploads.
• We provide free HTTPS security for all hosted CRs, which ensures all web access to your data is done securely.
Starting a project? Already have data and wondering what to do next? Simply have a question? Contact us.
The best way to fully grasp what our product can do is to see it in action. Fill out a form to request a demonstration. We can come to you if you are in New York City. If not, we can demonstrate our software online. We’ll show it to you wherever you are.
Please note: we are unable to quote prices until we’ve conferred with you about your particular needs.
In any case, let us know if you want to be on our mailing list. We won’t share your email address.
Above: Paul Cézanne (1839-1906)
La Montagne Sainte-Victoire vue de Montbriand
Alternate titles: La Montagne Sainte-Victoire; La Montagne Sainte-Victoire vue au-dessus de Montbriand; La Montagne Sainte-Victoire vue de Bellevue; Landscape – Paysage du Midi; Mont Sainte-Victoire; Mont Sainte-Victoire and the Viaduct of the Arc River Valley; Montagne Sainte-Victoire Seen from Montbriand; Sainte Victoire
Alternate dates: Rewald: (511) 1882–85; Venturi: (452) 1885–87; Venturi revised: 1886–87; Ratcliffe: after 1885
Oil on canvas
25 13/16 x 32 3/16 in. (65.5 x 81.7 cm)
Vollard A stockbook: no. 3753, huile; aqueduc avec au fond Ste. Victoire; à gauche massif de pins, au milieu pin parasol, 65 x 81 cm (250 frs)
The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York (H.O. Havemeyer Collection, Bequest of Mrs. H.O. Havemeyer).