• The panOpticon database and user interface together reside on our cloud-based platform and is licensed by you annually on a subscription basis.
• You fill your database yourself and you are in complete control of your own catalogue.
• The intellectual property is ours; all the content is yours and remains yours in perpetuity.
• Our software is web-based, so you can access your data anywhere there is an Internet connection through any common browser window.
• The software is password protected with different levels of access for other users that are entirely under your control.
• If you already have data, we can convert and migrate yours to fit our database structure. We convert most data formats. You lose nothing in the process.
• We can work with you to modify our product to meet the demands of a specific artist or to accommodate a particular kind of content.
• We will train your staff, interns, and anyone else who will be using the software in on-site and/or remote tutorials.
• Call for assistance during regular business hours, or get support via email. Apart from whatever support you need from us, there’s no need for IT involvement—it’s an entirely do-it-yourself enterprise.
• Our platform is operated on top of our own servers (which we control), which are hosted through Amazon’s AWS Infrastructure.
• We have a server team who manages and monitors these servers with real time information about traffic and down-time.
• We have set up multiple servers providing high availability (“redundancy”) to make sure that if a server ever goes down, your hosted catalogue stays online.
• We maintain active backups of all databases, images, and other uploaded files so your data is protected. We can restore data that was inadvertently deleted on your end and we can roll-back data at a moment’s notice.
• We are able to deploy all updates and bug-fixes to all clients as soon as they are available, automatically.
• We provide free updates to our catalogue software for as long as you are hosted with us, which means that you receive upgraded features as they become available without paying for another license.
• We have configured our hosted catalogues to run in a secure environment, with secure servers and secure software, and regularly review and upgrade our infrastructure to increase the security and protection around each catalogue and your hosted data and uploads.
• We provide free HTTPS security for all hosted CRs, which ensures all web access to your data is done securely.
Starting a project? Already have data and wondering what to do next? Simply have a question? Contact us here.
The best way to fully grasp what our product can do is to see it in action. Fill out a form to request a demonstration. We can come to you if you are in New York City. If not, we can demonstrate our software online. We’ll show it to you wherever you are.
Top from left to right: Fitz Henry Lane (1804–65) Dolliver’s Neck and the Western Shore from Field Beach 1857, Cape Ann Museum, Gloucester, Mass., Gift of Helen Stevens Babson, 1933 (678.00), Photo: Cape Ann Museum; Fitz Henry Lane Norman’s Woe, Gloucester Harbor 1862, Cape Ann Museum, Gloucester, Mass., Bequest of Margaret Farrell Lynch, 1999 (1999.76), Photo: Cape Ann Museum; Fitz Henry Lane Seashore Sketch 1854, Cape Ann Museum, Gloucester, Mass., Gift of Mrs. George B. Stevens, 1964 (1799.1), Photo: Cape Ann Museum.
Above from left to right: David Smith (1906–65) ∆Σ 3/27/55, 1955 © 2015 The Estate of David Smith, licensed by VAGA, New York, NY; David Smith (1906–1965) Untitled (Candida) 1965; David Smith (1906–65) in his studio, Upstate New York 1953 © Estate of David Smith/VAGA, New York, NY.