panOpticon enables you to document data
around the work of an individual artist and release
reliable information for others to discover and use
“The panOpticon team is very easy to work with—prompt and responsible in follow-through on all issues. The training is straight-forward and the software can answer most questions itself going forward. Most importantly, the team understands the field of art scholarship as only insiders can. I can’t imagine what it would be like to try to explain the nuances of style and organization necessary to a catalogue raisonné to an ordinary software programmer or consultant. The amount of time and effort we have saved in the start-up phase alone is incalculable and the ongoing efficiency of the data input and organization continues to allow us to focus our resources on the core research.”
Here’s how it works:
Our online Information Management System is comprised of two parts:
a) There are a series of relational databases where your data are stored, and
b) there is a private-facing user interface – that you see on your computer screen –
where you input and edit data. The two together are also referred to as the back-end.
• You subscribe to our platform on an annual basis.
• We host all your files in our backend – your data and assets are yours in perpetuity.
• You are entirely in control of every aspect of your catalogue.
• If you have legacy data you want to move, we are able to convert and migrate yours to fit our database structure (at additional cost).
• The System is accessed by you online from anywhere there is an internet connection.
• You are able to give and control access to others so they may work for you.
• You are able to give access to others so they may review or exchange data with you.
• If and when you feel you want one, there are a variety of website options available at additional cost.
• We will work with you to modify our product to meet the demands of a specific artist or to accommodate a particular kind of content (occasionally at extra cost).
• We will train your staff, interns, and anyone else who will be using the software in on-site and/or remote tutorials.
• You can call for assistance during regular business hours, or get support via email. Apart from whatever support you need from us, there’s no need for IT involvement—it’s an entirely do-it-yourself enterprise.
• Our platform is operated on top of our own servers (which we control), which are hosted through Amazon’s AWS Infrastructure.
• We have a server team who manages and monitors these servers with real time information about traffic and down-time.
• We have set up multiple servers providing high availability (“redundancy”) to make sure, if a server ever goes down, that your hosted catalogue stays online.
• We maintain active backups of all databases, images, and other uploaded files so your data is protected. We can restore data that was inadvertently deleted on your end and we can roll-back data at a moment’s notice.
• We are able to deploy all updates and bug-fixes to all clients as soon as they are available, automatically.
• We provide free updates to our catalogue software for as long as you are hosted with us, which means that you receive upgraded features as they become available without paying for another license.
• We have configured our hosted catalogues to run in a secure environment, with secure servers and secure software, and regularly review and upgrade our infrastructure to increase the security and protection around each catalogue and your hosted data and uploads.
• We provide free HTTPS security for all hosted CRs, which ensures all web access to your data is done securely.
Starting a project? Already have data and wondering what to do next? Simply have a question? Contact us.
The best way to fully grasp what our product can do is to see it in action. Fill out a form to request a demonstration. We can come to you if you are in New York City. If not, we can demonstrate our software online. We’ll show it to you wherever you are.
In any case, let us know if you want to be on our mailing list. We won’t share your email address.
Please note: we are unable to quote prices until we’ve conferred with you about your particular needs.