with accessible, timely information
scholars are able to address the challenges
that face the larger community
“One of our challenges is to create a complex online reference tool which covers numerous aspects of Lichtenstein’s work – and at the same time, to establish a clear and integrated architecture. With the help of our panOpticon database we are making great progress.”
— Roy Lichtenstein Catalogue Raisonné———————
- Our back-end is structured to deliver all the requisite core information linked together following cataloguing best practices (see curate research). You can choose what to publish and how to display it, but the framework is there.
- Many of our software’s extras (commentaries, keywords, archives and supplemental tables) let you create enriched add-ons (animated and interactive elements) that draw from deeper levels of the database.
- Data are automatically formatted and styled by the system, so the transition to the web or print is flawless.
- Your back-end is joined to your site, so you publish from your tool. You can compare your data to your site files. Publish and update your online publication whenever you wish.
- Your content can also be purposed for print or ePublishing.
When you are ready to publish you’ll have several options (at extra cost to be negotiated):
We can design a site for you – the same knowledge we put into our cataloguing software we put into our websites. You determine the look and the feel and decide on functionality.
Or, we can plug into your existing site – in which case we’ll work with your designer to “wrap” your catalogue.
Or, you can generate text files to incorporate into design for print—do an entire book.
Or, you can do both (see “A Beautiful Partnership”).
“A sincere thanks for getting us to this milestone.
The site is amazing.”
Director of the Cape Ann Museum, Gloucester, Massachusetts
Fitz Henry Lane: An online project under the direction of the Cape Ann Museum
panOpticon powers the catalogues of these artists — (* denotes a public website) —
Thomas Hart Benton
George Caleb Bingham
Paul Cézanne *
Walter De Maria
Edwin Dickinson *
Lyonel Feininger *
John F. Folinsbee *
Sam Francis *
Friedrich Gräsel *
Fitz Henry Lane *
Zoran Music (Zoran Mušič)
John Singer Sargent
Philippe Smit *
Tom Thomson *
Joaquín Torres-García *
John Henry Twachtman
Starting a project? Already have data and wondering what to do next? Simply have a question? Contact us.
The best way to fully grasp what our product can do is to see it in action. Fill out a form to request a demonstration. We can come to you if you are in New York City. If not, we can demonstrate our software online. We’ll show it to you wherever you are.
Please note: we are unable to quote prices until we’ve conferred with you about your particular needs.
In any case, let us know if you want to be on our mailing list. We won’t share your email address.