with accessible and valuable information
scholars are able to address the challenges
that face multiple communities of interest
“A sincere thanks for getting us to this milestone.
The site is amazing.”
Director of the Cape Ann Museum, Gloucester, Massachusetts
Fitz Henry Lane: An online project under the direction of the Cape Ann Museum
- Our back-end is structured to deliver all the requisite core information linked together following cataloging best practices (see curate research). You can choose what to publish and how to display it, but the framework is there.
- Many of our software’s extras (commentaries, keywords, archives and supplemental tables) let you create enriched add-ons (animated and interactive elements) that draw from deeper levels of the database.
- Data are automatically formatted and styled by the system, so the transition to the web or print is flawless.
- Your back-end is joined to your site, so you publish from your database. You can compare your data to your site files. Publish and update your online publication whenever you wish.
- Your content can also be purposed for print or ePublishing.
When you are ready to publish you’ll have several options (at extra cost to be negotiated):
We can design a site for you – the same knowledge we put into our cataloging software we put into our websites. You determine the look and the feel and decide on the functionality.
Or, we can plug into your existing site – in which case we’ll work with your designer to integrate your catalogue.
Or, you can generate text files to incorporate into design for print—produce a book.
Or, you can do both (see “A Beautiful Partnership”).
reliable data is of vital importance
in every facet of the art industry
art experts and the courts
artists’ estates and foundations
authority to sell (title)
bankruptcy, creditors’ rights, and security interests in works of art
collateralization of art
copyrights in works of art and reproductions of works of art
cultural patrimony laws
customs service regulations concerning the import and export of art
defamation and product defamation concerning works of art and their provenance
divorce and other family disputes
droit moral and the Visual Artists Rights Act
donor restrictions on use or display of donated works
import and export of art
International cultural treaties
Internet sites concerning art and art sales
investment management and financial planning
joint ownership of works of art
legal disputes over responsibility and ownership
loans for art buyers and dealers
loans and gifts of artwork to museums
looted and confiscated works of art from the Nazi era
lost and stolen works of art
misappropriation of artwork and design
Native American Graves Protection and Repatriation Act
private dealer sales
Presidential Commission on Holocaust Assets in the US
Starting a project? Already have data and wondering what to do next? Simply have a question? Contact us.
The best way to fully grasp what our product can do is to see it in action. Fill out a form to request a demonstration. We can come to you if you are in New York City. If not, we can demonstrate our software online. We’ll show it to you wherever you are.
Please note: we are unable to quote prices until we’ve conferred with you about your particular needs.
In any case, let us know if you want to be on our mailing list. We won’t share your email address.