Our system enables you
to contribute to a greater understanding
of an individual artist’s vision and creative legacy
“The ease with which we can document data, upload images, create lists and notes as part of our daily research has allowed us to expand our archives in so many ways. We can’t imagine a better system.”
Debra Burchett-Lere Director, Sam Francis Foundation
A new “living catalogue raisonné” embraces
the creative spirit of Sam Francis
“We are thrilled to launch this first volume of Sam Francis’s digital catalogue raisonné, SFCR, which highlights the latest and most exhaustive research on the artist available to anyone, anywhere,” says Debra Burchett-Lere, Director of the Sam Francis Foundation. “It furthers the Foundation’s mission as it enables the international audience, to whom Francis was so significant, to access his vast oeuvre and learn new information about him as it is being discovered.”
• You subscribe to our cloud-based platform on an annual basis.
• We host your digital files in our backend – data and assets are yours in perpetuity.
• You control every aspect of your catalog through our intuitive user interface.
• If you have legacy data you wish to move, we are able to convert and migrate your data to fit our database structure (at additional cost).
• The IMS is accessed online from anywhere there is an internet connection.
• Since the System resides online and is accessed through an ordinary web browser, no particular system requirements are needed.
• You are able to give and control access to others so they may work for you.
• You are able to give access to others so they may review or exchange data with you.
• If and when you feel you want one, there are a variety of website options available at additional cost.
• We will work with you to modify our product to meet the demands of a specific artist or to accommodate a particular kind of content (occasionally at extra cost).
• We will train your staff, interns, and anyone else who will be using the software in on-site and/or remote tutorials.
• You can call for assistance during regular business hours, or get support via email. Apart from whatever support you need from us, there’s no need for IT involvement—it’s an entirely do-it-yourself enterprise.
• Our platform is operated on top of our servers (which we control), which are hosted in the Cloud.
• We have a server team who manages and monitors these servers with real time information about traffic and down-time.
• We have set up multiple servers providing high availability (“redundancy”) to make sure, if a server ever goes down, that your hosted catalog stays online.
• We maintain active backups of all databases, images, and other uploaded files so your data is protected. Upon request we can restore data that was inadvertently deleted on your end and we can roll-back data at a moment’s notice.
• We are able to deploy all updates and bug-fixes to all clients as soon as they are available, automatically.
• We provide free updates to newer versions of our catalog software for as long as you are hosted with us, which means that you receive upgraded features as they become available without paying for another license.
• We have configured our hosted catalog to run in a secure environment, with secure servers and secure software, and regularly review and upgrade our infrastructure to increase the security and protection around each catalog and your hosted data and uploads.
• We provide free HTTPS web server certificates for secure catalog web access for all hosted CRs, which ensures all web access to your data is done securely.
Starting a project? Already have data and wondering what to do next?
Simply have a question? Contact us.
The best way to fully grasp what our product can do is to see it in action. Fill out a form to request a demonstration. We can come to you if you are in New York City. If not, we can demonstrate our software online. We’ll show it to you wherever you are.
Please note: we are unable to quote prices until we’ve conferred with you
about your particular needs.
In any case, let us know if you want to be on our mailing list. We won’t share
your email address.
Top of page: Sam Francis SFF5.119 (Francis Archive SF52-059) Red Dated 1952 Gouache and watercolor on paper 24 x 19.6 cm (9 7/16 x 7 3/4 in.) INSCRIPTIONS: Signed and dated on verso in red paint: Sam Francis 1952 ADDITIONAL NOTATIONS: Notated by studio assistant on verso with the Litho Shop identification number in pencil: SF52-059 CREATION LOCATION: Paris COLLECTION: Private Collection, Bern